St. Elizabeth's Condos
1314 Napoleon Avenue
Uptown New Orleans
Historic Condo Conversion
Corner of Napoleon Avenue and Prytania Street
Like Taking a walk into the past...Very Historic Condo Conversion
St. Elizabeth's was built as a boarding school in 1865 and later turned into an orphanage for girls in 1870. The Daughter's of Charity closed the school in 1989 and moved the program to Marrero, where they already operated a similar program for boys. The place was put on the market and almost became upscale apartments and senior citizen housing before Anne bought it in 1993. St. Elizabeth's is an immense three-story brick edifice of 55,000 square feet. The three buildings that comprise St. Elizabeth's are the largest cluster of Second Empire design architecture in the city of New Orleans and are on the National Register of Historic Places.
St. Elizabeth's Condos
A Lot Of History
Lots of common areas. The complex takes up the entire block...
Anne Rice added the Angels when she bought the place....
Lots of yard for all to enjoy. These front condos have porches
Entry Way from front porch. Condos are scattered throughout..
The swimming pool and the porches in the rear of the building...
Swimming pool in the rear of the building.
Gated parking for the condos.
The Galleries are common areas for all to sit and enjoy....
The second floor of this side is almost entirely the chapel. Now a very large condo. You would have to see to believe....
Windows of the Historic Chapel at St. Elizaabeth's
The St. Elizabeth Condos located at 1314 Napoleon Ave. was converted into condos in 2005. You can walk to St. Charles Ave from this brand new Luxury Conversion of 28 units in a residential neighborhood in the Gardner District of New Orleans. All the units will have at least 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Pool, parking in rear lot, elevators and Courtyard. A little history of the Condos "St. Elizabeth's Orphanage, 1314 Napoleon.
This 47,000-square-foot building, which once slept 300, consumes an entire block of real estate. Rice visited here as a child and has the witch Deidre Mayfair flee here from the First Street house at age 9. The Rices bought the immense building in 1993, and Anne peopled its stained-glass chapel with some of her 2,000 dolls.The orphanage is still famous as the site of one of Rice's vampire Lestat Halloween parties for 4,000. Since Rice's sale of the orphanage, the building has been transformed into condos."
These units were all were all sold very quickly and were top of the line units with many owners doing some major upgrades. All the units were very well finished. Town homes were built in the rear. Parking is inside gated common area.
Since the initial sales there have bee a few units that have turned over. The units that have come up for sale and that were priced right have sold rather quickly. Its a unique combination of an historic combined with some of the finer touches to make many of the units Luxury Units.